Bikers´ Classics & Amicale Spirit of Speed
THE BEST OF SHOW 2019
The Bikers´ Classics on the fabulous Spa Francorchamps Circuit is without doubt one of the most important classic racing motorcycle events in Europe and has become the unmissable appointment for the classic and historic race bikes enthusiasts and connoisseurs.That is why this year, for the second time, the Amicale Spirit of Speed, gathering together the major European collectors of authentic racing bikes, is organizing in partnership with Bikers´ Classics, a “Best of Show” contest for the participating bikes. The main aim of this new feature is to show, appreciate and honor the qualities of the best bikes and their owners in the event. In order to be eligible for this contest, the machines must conform to a number of established criteria.
They have to be:
- authentic, complete, in working order and of known origin,
- official works bikes or production racers - specials only with known origin and documented racing history,
- in their original, unrestored period state or restored to their former, original state,
- Preferably accompanied by documentation as proof of their origins and history.
- Replicas, and evocations are not eligible.
- Professionals (restorers, dealers,… ) may not submit bikes for the contest.
A committee of collectors, professionals and celebrities will examine the entrant forms returned in due time to the offices of Bikers´ Classics ( deadline: 27th of June ) and will inspect the bikes between Friday noon and Saturday 14:00 in a box close to the boxs 29 of the Amicale Spirit Of Speed.
All the bikes in the contest should be able to conform to this time schedule.
Best of Show awards will go to the winner in the following categories:
- N°1: all capacity racing bikes before 1970,
- N°2: 50, 80, 125, 250 and 350 cc Grand Prix bikes after 1970,
- N°3: above 350cc Grand Prix bikes, Formula 750, WSBK and BSB, Endurance after 1970,
There will be 2 more awards:
- N°4. Best of Show, authenticity prize for the best unrestored bike shown in its original state and accompanied by documents certifying its authenticity,
- N°5. Best of Show, publics´ prize, awarded to the voting spectators´ and visitor’s favorite. Voting on the site before Saturday 14:00.
A trophy and a free admission for one bike in the Bikers´ Classics 2020 will be awarded to the winner in each category.Depending on their technical or historical importance and interest, the winners can be invited to take part in the Bikers´ Classics 2019 parade. Decisions of the jury are final and no objections or protests can be taken into account.
Application: In order to take part in the contest, an application form available on the Organiser´s internet-site, has to be completed and returned.
The following data have to be provided:
- Make, model, cubic capacity, year of manufacture,
- Frame and, if available, engine number,
- Special technical features,
- Short history (riders, results, work, modifications,..)
The information provided will be checked by the committee.
Presentation: After arrival in the paddock and after scrutineering, the entered bikes will have to be brought to the “Best of Show” Box which will be indicated with a panel just beside the Amicale Spirit Of Speed boxs.
They will be checked and evaluated by the jury members and be on show in a specially reserved area. This area will enable enthusiastic and knowledgeable enthusiasts to enjoy and appreciate the exhibition of the most outstanding, iconic, spectacular and valuable racing motorcycles of the Bikers´ Classics 2019.
The jury members will meet on Saturday at about 14:00 to finalise their decisions.
The prize award ceremony will be at 16:30 on saturday in the Amicale spirit Of Speed boxs.