Nearly 30.000 visitors visit the Bikers'Classics each year. The interest for the biggest event in Europe for classic bikes only increases.
The 14th edition that will take place on July 1st, 2nd and 3rd will undoubtedly brake all records. Why ? Well here are 10 good reasons.
- MotoGP. For the first time in its (long) history, MotoGP's will be roaring on the track of Spa-Francorchamps ! A historical moment that no one will want to miss out on, with two Kawasaki's (a ‘Hoffman’ from 2004 and a ‘Jacque’ from 2005), but also a Ducati ‘Stoner’ from 2010 and a 2013 Redding, accompanied by some Moto 2's among which a 2001 ‘Marquez’ and the current world champion Johann Zarco…
- 45 years of history. On July 1st, 2nd and 3rd the track of the Ardennes will be turned into an open-air museum. You will be able to admire more than forty years of motorcycle racing history, with Grand Prix machines (250cc, 350cc up till the last 500cc), Superbikes, sidecars… A vast and high tech overview that will be show to the visitors without restrictions, in an open paddock. As usual during the Bikers'Classics, the pitlane is open to everyone, with GP parades of old, less old and modern machines.
- Stars. Giacomo Agostini, Bradley Smith, John McGuinness, Christian Sarron, Didier de Radiguès, Grégory Fastré… For this 14th edition, the stars will be the speed specialists, but they will have to share the spotlight with technological stars : Guy Coulon, emblematic Grand Prix figure and co-founder of team Tech 3, Bernard Ansiau, Valentino Rossi's personal mechanic.
- Sides. The sidecars will also feature some stars. Many champions (Rolf Steinhausen, Egbert Streuer and his son Bennie, Max Deubel, Larry Coleman, Derek Jones, Steve Abott, Ralph Bonhorst), but also a few impressive sidecars with an equally impressive list of victories, such as the BMW RS 54 with its 19 world titles, all won between 1954 and 1974. Did someone say "reference" ?
- Lifestyle. For the second year in a row, there will a Lifestyle Village in the heart of the Bikers’Classics. A real event within the event. The Lifestyle Village will be a custom theatre this year, with the presence of many important players in the disclipline (Krugger, Kruz Company, Zadig, KD Motorcycles), animation, tours and possibilities to test ride the Harley-Davidson range.
- Krugger. One to be present this year too, and not just in the Lifestyle Village. Fred Krugger, constructor of world champion bikes will show his latest creation, the Yamaha SR 400 Tribute to Bernard Ansiau. Exclusive for Belgium ! The wizard from Basse Bodeux will be eager to share his work with you and explain his inspiration, friendly and amicable as usual.
- Endurance. The traditional rendez-vous on Saturday evening, the 4 Hours of Spa Classics, are having their tenth anniversary this year. This is also the second round European Classic Series 2016 championship, of which the opening round took place on the track of Castellet. The 4 hours are the highlight of the Bikers'Classics races, with almost 70 teams lining up at the start at 20:00. Among them amateurs but also some big names from the endurance scene, former and present, like Stéphane Mertens, Richard Hubin, Grégory Fastré (currently leading the endurance world championship) and many others …
- McGuinness. The presence of John McGuinness alone makes it worthwhile to visit the Bikers'Classics. The living Tourist Trophy legend (with 23 victories and 46 podiums) is also an endurance specialist. He will come to Spa with one goal only : to win the 4 Hours on his Team Neate Racing Powered by Motul Honda. Aged 44, the rocket of Morecambe is hungry for victory and revenge : he had to content himself with a third podium place at the last TT at the Isle of Man.
- Animation. As usual, the Bikers'Classics are, above all, three days filled with events and animation. On and around the track there is always something going on from Friday till Sunday. There is the concert on Saturday evening (with the group Hot For 90’s and the Classic 21 contest), de historical parade on the old track of 14 km, the "Fast & Furious" diner conference with the presence of Christian Sarron, Giacomo Agostini and Bradley Smith, the 800m2 commercial village with its expositions, trade market …
- And so much more. Is that all ? Of course not ! There are plenty of reasons left to convince the fiercest sceptics. For example the different competitions (BCGP, IHRO, Pro Classic…), Superbike series, the tour for café racers and other scramblers, the drag race, the dedication sessions, the conviviality, the presence of many foreign participants and visitors, the free access to the pitlane... Note that all classic motorcycles (with registration cards dated prior to 1982) get free parking and can participate at the parade on the old track. Finally we remind you that presales are open till the 29th of June at www.teleticketservice.com. You can get a 3-day pass for the price of 30 euros instead of 40 euros. The entrance is free for youngsters under 16 years accompanied by an adult. All info and programmes are available at www.bikersclassics.be.